1. Jiang Wen plays a role in that film, that is to say, he is c_____________ in that film.
2. Paul d_________________ the invitation to the reception because he was too busy.
3. _________________(摆脱、去除) oneself of a bad habit is not easy.
4. Mike bought his daughter a toy bear as a ___________(纪念品) when he went to Hong
5. If you order after that, we r___________ the right to either accept or reject order requests.
6. Liang Sicheng and Lin hui-yin are known to be great ________________(建筑师).
7. Some people maintain that watching violence on TV is one of the major causes of a_________
behavior and crime in society.
8. English is such a u_____________ language that the majority of countries in the world speak it.
9. Even though the conference hall is near his apartment , he has to hurry a little if he wants to be
10. All people present are o___________ to the project for the reason that it will cause much
11. With the final exam approaching, Peter __________(抵制) the desire to watch his favorite
cartoons and focused on his schoolwork
12. He found a note _______________(钉) to the wooden door, saying "I will come next time."
13. Hurricane is one of the disastrous (灾难性的) natural p___________________.
14. It is widely acknowledged that students should be e__________ in terms of overall quality.
15. Many people joined the policeman in running after the thief, who made a d__________ attempt to
It is generally believed that we are getting cleaned when we stepunder a shower. We are, but we’re also giving a home to lots of tiny little creatures we didn’t even know about. A showerhead carries thousands of bacteria called Mycobacterium. These can cause problems like coughs and tiredness, and a general feeling of being sick. When you turn on the water, the bacteria go from the showerhead onto and into your body.
This is a finding of Norman R. Pace and his team at the University of Colorado, in the US. Pace’s team looked at 45 showerheads in nine American
湖南省衡阳市八中2015-2016学年高一下学期单科竞赛试题 英语 Word版含答案.doc
1 说服 劝说 2官方的 正式的
3 法律的 合法的 4 慷慨的 大方的
5 逃跑 逃脱 6 裁判员 法官
7 指导 领导 8风景 景色
9 态度 看法 10 暴力 暴行
11. as a matter of fact 12. turn to
13. be concerned about 14. at present
15. care about 16. be senenced to
17. in ruins 18. play a part in
19. give in 20.make use of[来源:]
During the summer holiday this
I was small for my age. I was shy and sometimes it was hard for me to make friends with others. However, learning came fairly easy for me. I was the best in most of my classes, but PE class was my nightmare (噩梦) and made me feel that I was not as good as the others. Miss Forsythe was our PE teacher. She was young and energetic. Everyone liked her. She said that we all had to come to her classes. No one could hide from Miss Forsythe!
One day she told me that she wanted me to play a game with another girl in a PE show. I was rather worried that I wouldn’t do a good job as she explained her idea, but she was excited. With her encouragement, I had no choice but to agree.
It was a "boy meets girl" game. I played the boy and my classmate, Margaret Ann, played the girl. We were dressed in evening clothes and danced around t he floor. According to Miss Forsythe, I had to pick up Margaret Ann when we finished the dance. Since I was not strong enough to pick the tallest girl up, it was she who picked me up. I suddenly felt ten feet tall! It was a huge success and everybody applauded (鼓掌) for our excellent performance. What a wonderful ending! Afterwards, I smiled confidently (自信地).Miss Forsythe’s understanding and willingness to create a place for me in her show (which certainly did not need me) gave me some much needed confidence. She was and always will be my favorite teacher.
1. What do we know about Miss For
I know what you’re thi nking : pizza （比萨饼）? For breakfast? But the truth is that you can have last night’s leftovers in the a. m. if you want to
I know lots of women who skip breakfast （不吃早餐） , and they have a ton of different excuses for doing it . Some say they don’t have time. others think they’re "saving" calories , still others just don’t like breakfast food .
But the bottom line is that eating in the morning is very important when you’re trying to lose weight. "Eating just about anything from 300 to 400 calories would be better than nothing at all," says K atherine Brooking , R , D , who developed the super-easy eating plan for this year’s "SELF CHALLENGE". And even pizza can be healthy if it’s loaded with vegetables, and you stick to one small piece.
Breakfast is one meal I never miss, and the same goes for most weight loss success stories. Research shows that eating breakfast keeps you from overeating later in the day. Researchers at the University of Southem California found that breakfast skippers have a bigger chance of gaining weight than those who regularly have a morning meal.
So eat something in the morning, anything. I know plenty of friends who end up having no breakfast
21. As a businessman he was successful, but as a husband he was _________ failure, so his marriage ended in ________ failure.
A. /； / B. /； a C. a； a D. a； /
22. The death of Bin Laden is a great ____________ in the global fight against terrorism (恐怖主义).
A. progress B. achievement C. evidence D. responsibility
23. ________ you eat the correct kinds of foods ______ be able to stay healthy.
A. Only if； will you B. Only if； you will C. Unless； will you D. Unless； you will
24. ----What made the host and hostess so disappointed?
----________to attend the evening party.
A. Tom failed B. As Tom failed
C. Tom’s failing D. Because Tom failed
25. ---- Oh, my God, a sea of cars! How can you _____________ yours?
----A piece of cake! Mine is very different from any other car in color.
A. bring out
21. -The concert will begin in ten minutes. Do you mind going with me?
-_________, but I am busy now.
A. Of course not B. Take it easy C. Never mind D. See you
22. When he went into ______ office where he worked, the man found ______ ring lying on his desk.
A. a； a B. a； the C. the； the D. the； a
23. Once the suggestion is _______, people in the field will benefit from it.
A. absorbed B. adopted C. admitted D. received
24. Before the dinner, the child still hadn’t come back, which made his parents very ________.
A. anxious B. casual C. uncomfortable D. disappointed
25. I _________ the article written by Lu Xun the whole day but I still haven’t finished it yet, and it will take me another day.
A. have translated B. had translated
C. have been translating D. am translating
26. If you ________me at the time, I _________laughed at by our teachers.
16. ----Take part in the marathon! Are you kidding?
--- _____. Come on. We can make it.
A. I don’t mind B. Forget it C. I’m serious D. Go ahead
17. He is said to have written and sung the song ______ his wife who died from skin cancer 2 years ago.
A. in memory of B. in need of
C. in honour of D. in support of
18. Special attention should be paid ____ our earth from ____.
A. to prevent； being polluted B. to prevent； polluting
C. to preventing； being polluted D. to preventing； polluted
19. This summer was exciting for many people on the planet-the World Cup ______ in Brazil from June 12 to July 13.
A. turned up B. took place C. set off D. broke up
20. I would describe tough girls(女汉子)as handsome ______ beautiful, who usually think independently and are able to solve problems by themselves.
A. other than B. rather than C. more than D. less than
21. On the dark street, there were no people around _____ she could turn for help.
A. to whom B. with whom C. by whom D. for whom
22. I had planned to get the work finished ahead of time, but I __________too busy.
A. was B. had been C. have been D. am
23. It is ______ for newcomers to get used to the local customs if they are to survive in a totally n
21. The cost of purchasing a house in key cities is usually higher than ______ in towns.
A. that B. those C. it D. one
22. ----Carla ______ go to that historical museum after school when she was a teenager.
----No wonder she is so familiar with it.
A. could B. should C. might D. would
23. ----What impressed the interviewers most?
---- ______ he could speak three foreign languages so fluently.
A. Because B. That C. As D. Whether
24. The girl ______ in America for years. After graduation, she returned home, quite at a loss during her hunt for a job.
A. was studied B. has been studied